THE SOUL MAN Other Projects
TVland needed a creative way to reach new AAW viewers 25-54
TVland had a few obstacles to overcome when promoting The Soul Man program. First they did not specialize in original programming or African-American sitcoms.
WPE designed a multi-tiered urban salon campaign that tapped into the lifestyle and culture of the African-American female audience.
• Over 500,000 consumers reached through 3,000 beauty salons in 10 markets
• Generated excitement through stylists handing out over 150,000 branded nail files.
• The Soul Man averaged a strong 4.89 among AA aged 25-54, making up 66% of the 25-54 audience
• “Appointment Viewing” averaged a 0.61 AA A25-54 rating (this nearly doubled from the 0.32 AA rating for “Ray” at 9, meaning AA viewers showed up early for Soul Man.
• Among AA Women 25-54, Soul Man scored an even stronger 6.05 rating, making up 70% of the 25-54 audience.
Soul Man became the second highest rated TV Land original series EVER Tactics:
|The Soul Man
Great news...Last night's premiere was a ratings hit! We wanted to share the exciting news with you and thank you for being part of this successful launch! We are happy the multi-market salon promotion has offered us added exposure to our target audience!
Senior Director, Marketing
TV Land | Viacom Media Networks